Thursday, May 10, 2007

Week 31 - May 10. 2007

I got this a email forward from Denise called The Mommy Test - I had to share:

I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her> mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that. "Why?" my daughter asked. "Because it's been on the ground, you don't know where it's been, it's dirty, and probably has germs" I replied. At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Mommy, how do you know all this > stuff, you are so smart." I was thinking quickly. "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy." We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information. "OH...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the daddy." "Exactly" I replied back with a big smile on my face.

Sorry to all the wonderful Dad's out there - just thought this was cute :)

The shower was a big success on Sat. Thanks to all for attending and for all of the amazing gifts. I have to get some pics posted! We also celebrated (well not exactly celebrated) Dave's 31st birthday this week....the week has been so busy so we'll squeeze in some celebrating this weekend!

No comments: